Christmas is over now... hope it's not too difficult for everyone to get back into the swing of "normalcy." I went back to work today after almost a week off... it was rough, I'm not gonna lie.
The past few days have been full of weird things... I won't bore you with all of them, just one. Well, on Saturday, a nurse came by to give me a physical exam and everything seemed normal. She seemed like she was in a bit of a rush, but it was a Saturday afternoon and we both had things we'd rather be doing. Anyway, about 10 min after she leaves, I get this hard pounding on the front door... IT'S THE F-ING COPS!!! Apparently someone called the cops on ME saying that I had left a baby in the car. Okay... so first off, the baby's in my body so it's impossible for me to leave her in the car and secondly, they were saying it was a Nissan Sentra. I don't have a Nissan, let alone a Sentra!! So... best I can figure out is that the nurse that came by drove a Nissan Sentra and left her baby in the car while she was giving me my physical. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!?!? It was irritating, too, because the cops were grilling me like I was lying to them about leaving my non-existent baby in the car. They eventually believed me... but wow!!! Who thinks it's a good idea to leave their baby in the car? If she really had that hard of a time finding a babysitter she could've brought the baby inside... I wouldn't have cared! I can only hope that I never do something that stupid.
The big news of the day is that Adam felt our baby kick for the first time today. We were at the doctor's office this morning and Adam was giving the doctor a hard time about how I feel the baby all the time but he's never felt anything. While he's saying this, the doctor put his hand on my belly and the baby kicked. The doctor started giving Adam a hard time about it and Adam didn't believe him... Adam thought the doctor was BSing him. Eventually the doctor took Adam's hand, put it on my belly, and held it there until the baby kicked. She kicked hard, too!!! Both Adam's hand and the doctor's hand jumped up. It was cute... Adam turned all red and couldn't stop smiling. He's been talking about it all day!! =)
That's it for now... if I don't get a chance to talk (or write) to you, have a safe and fun New Year's Eve. Can you believe it's gonna be 2009?!?!?!? Man, we're getting old... =)
Oh, and if you plan on going to the movies anytime soon, you should definitely see Seven Pounds and Valkyrie. They're actually pretty good. Seven Pounds is very touching...
No comments:
Post a Comment